MGQ Paradox Demo Translation v0.1
In the interest of getting something out there for people who want to play immediately, I’m releasing an incredibly bare bones translation of the interface, items/skills/etc., and the first few minutes of story.
First, you need an RPG Maker Decrypter. There are a few of these, but this one is good: http://rpgcrisis.net/forums/files/file/65-rgssad-rgss2a-rgss3a-decrypter/
If you’re having issues with that one, try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?xweoqp2ieep5mxv
1. Download and extract MGQ Paradox Demo into a directory. To avoid locale issues, you should probably rename the directory so that it does not contain Japanese characters.
2a. Run the tool I linked.
2b. File->Open File, pick Game.rgss3a.
2c. Tools->Extract All Files
2d. Success! Close the decrypter.
3. Move decrypted Data and Graphics files from \Extract\ to the game’s base directory, overwriting all duplicates in the game’s original Data and Graphics directories.
4. Delete or rename Game.rgss3a or you’ll get an error on launching the game.
5. Extract the patch into the game’s base directory, adding a Translation folder and overwriting Game.ini.
6. Launch Game.exe. That’s it!