Many have tried, all have failed…
To translate a Vanadis game into English. I’m next on the chopping block, and not for just any Vanadis game, but Sei Monmusu Gakuen itself. The sequel just came out so maybe now is a good time to get the original translated into English.
I’ve finished every translation project I’ve started so far, but I have to admit this one scares me. My goal is to finish it in 6 months, which is possible, although perhaps not reasonable. I doubt MGQ Paradox will be released in 6 months so that seems safe. Tentatively, I’m going to translate Rin’s route and release that first, then do releases for each other character route as I complete them. The files aren’t conveniently ordered by route so I really have no idea how much work Rin’s route is compared to the whole game. Sometime in April for the first patch is the earliest guess, sometime in May more likely.
Sorry to those who really wanted VH4 translated. If I manage to finish SMMG and there’s still awhile before Paradox, I’ll see if I can fit in VH4 or even VH5. I dreaded translating another VH game, whereas doing SMMG is actually refreshing. We’ll see how I feel around line 10000 though…
Huge thanks to Progvian for writing the tools I needed and quickly dealing with my unreasonable demands without any complaints. There may be some further technical challenges, but right now I can extract, translate, and pack very easily. We’ve got word wrap, character nameplates, some customization, etc.
I’ll get a progress page up soon. For now:
702/33929 Unique Lines (2.1%)